Turkey Scallopini with Marsala Sauce combines tender slices of turkey, a velvety Marsala wine sauce, and a medley of aromatic herbs, resulting in a meal that is both sophisticated and satisfying.
Turkey Scallopini with Marsala Sauce showcases the versatility of turkey, lean and protein-packed meat that takes center stage in this Italian-inspired dish. The thin slices of turkey are lightly coated in flour and quickly sautéed to achieve a delicate and golden exterior while maintaining their tenderness within. This cooking method ensures that each bite of turkey is moist, flavorful, and utterly delightful.
The star of this dish is the Marsala sauce. Marsala wine, hailing from the region of Sicily, lends its distinct flavor profile to the sauce, infusing it with rich and complex notes. The wine is reduced, allowing its sweetness to intensify and blend harmoniously with the savory components. The resulting sauce envelops the turkey, creating a velvety coating that amplifies the flavors and adds a touch of indulgence.
To enhance the depth of flavors, the sauce is enriched with aromatic herbs and ingredients such as shallots, garlic, and mushrooms. These additions not only contribute their distinct flavors but also create a delightful contrast to the tender turkey. The earthiness of the mushrooms and the fragrant herbs provide a well-rounded balance that elevates the dish to new heights.
The beauty of Turkey Scallopini with Marsala Sauce lies in its ability to deliver a gourmet dining experience while remaining approachable and achievable for home cooks. It is a dish that can be enjoyed for a special occasion or as a delightful weeknight treat, impressing both family and guests with its refined flavors.
In this blog post, we will guide you through the art of preparing Turkey Scallopini with Marsala Sauce, sharing tips and techniques to ensure a successful outcome. From selecting the best turkey cuts to mastering the sauce’s nuances, we will provide you with all the information needed to create a memorable meal in your own kitchen.
Prep/Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 4
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) of turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups Marsala wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- In a large resealable bag or another container, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add turkey cutlets, one at a time, close the bag, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet; heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove from pan. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in butter until melted. Return turkey to pan; heat through. Serve with cheese and, if desired, linguine.
1 serving (calculated without linguine): 459 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.