Looking for a new way to prepare sea bass? Look no further! In this article, I will share with you a delicious and simple home-cooked sea bass recipe that will impress your family and friends. The ingredients are simple, and the taste is superb. Let’s dive into the step-by-step instructions and make this mouthwatering dish together.
- Fresh sea bass
- Light soy sauce
- Cooking oil
- Millet peppers (optional)
- Green peppers (or vegetable peppers as a non-spicy alternative)
- Cooking wine
- Starch water
Prepare the Sea Bass:
- Start by purchasing a fresh sea bass. Using scissors, cut off the fins as they contribute to the fishy smell.
- Evenly sprinkle salt on the sea bass, which helps remove the mucus layer.
- Rinse the sea bass thoroughly with water, paying attention to cleaning the head and belly, and remove the black film inside the belly, as it adds to the fishy smell.
- Place the cleaned sea bass on a cutting board and make a cut at the head. Slice the fish and chop the fish bones into small pieces, reserving the head and tail fish bones for the soup.
- Cut the fish fillets into small pieces and place them in a bowl.
Flavoring the Sea Bass:
- Slice the washed shallots and add them to the bowl of fish.
- Cut a piece of ginger into slices and then into thin shreds. Add it to the bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, and light soy sauce to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly, ensuring each piece of fish is coated with the marinade. The combination of shallots and ginger acts as a natural meat tenderizer and enhances the flavor.
- Set the bowl aside and let the sea bass marinate for 20 minutes.
Preparing the Garnish:
- Slice the washed shallots and set them aside on a plate.
- If desired, cut millet peppers into small circles and place them on the same plate.
- Cut green peppers (or vegetable peppers) into thin strips or small circles and add them to the plate.
- Cut ginger into thin shreds and place them on the plate as well.
Cooking the Sea Bass:
- After marinating, coat each piece of fish with a layer of starch by mixing them well.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the green pepper and millet pepper rings. Stir-fry until they soften, then season with a pinch of salt. Remove them from the pan and set them aside on a plate.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and carefully place the fish pieces, skin-side down. Shake the pan occasionally for even heating.
- Fry the fish until the skin turns golden, then flip it over and fry the other side. This technique results in crispy and fragrant sea bass pieces.
- Once all the fish is golden, add shredded ginger and chili pepper to the pan, followed by a small amount of cooking wine and starch water to thicken the sauce.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer for approximately 1 minute.
- Finally, stir in the sliced shallots, ensuring they are evenly mixed with the fish.
- Transfer the cooked sea bass to a serving plate.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully prepared a delicious sea bass dish bursting with flavors. The golden and crispy exterior complements the tender and succulent fish inside. Serve it with rice or alongside your favorite side dishes. If you have children who prefer milder flavors, you can replace the spicy peppers with non-spicy alternatives like green and red vegetable peppers. Sea bass is not only delicious but also highly nutritious, making it an excellent choice for family meals. Enjoy your homemade sea bass and relish the culinary praises from your loved ones.