The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies of Your Life! This simple chocolate chip cookie recipe is life-changing. This recipe, made in one bowl without a mixer, consistently produces soft, thick, chewy cookies! The ultimate chewy chocolate chip cookie, with unparalleled flavor and texture! Do you enjoy easy cookies?
I’ve been using this easy chocolate chip cookie recipe for over a decade and have made a few modifications to it in the last few years that have considerably improved on my original recipe (from over ten years ago!).
I believe the improvements have improved every aspect of these cookies, including ease of preparation, flavor, and texture.
What Makes this the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
Sure, I understand that everyone has a somewhat different concept of what makes the best chocolate chip cookies, however, in my opinion, this combination of features results in a truly outstanding chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- No mixer needed. Because we are using melted butter, there is no need for a mixer to cream the butter and sugar together. This easy chocolate chip cookie recipe can be made in a single bowl which is AWESOME!
- Thick, soft, chewy cookies every.single.time!
- Bursting with chocolate in every bite.
- 10 Minutes to make the dough – plus 30 minutes to freeze. It’s quick. It’s easy. The flavor is unmatched.
How to Make This Chocolate Chip Cookies at Home
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled just until opaque
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl for two minutes.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt and mix just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out cookie dough, about 1/4 cup per cookie, and roll the dough balls in your hands until smooth. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or in the the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place cookie dough about 3 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet or a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies are done when the edges are golden and the center looks slightly under baked.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire racks to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.